You were a good one, November.
- 💻 Organised a successful Hack Day with BT and Leeds University’s Computer Science society. Check out the university’s write-up of the event here! I also filmed a quick video on the highlights:
- ☁️ Passed my AWS exam with an 86% score! I’m officially AWS Certified 😁
- ⚡️ Picked up a lot of tickets at work and delivered them
- 🇬🇧 Spent some time in London for some exciting projects
Tech / Community
Thank you for having me on the 10 years of DevOps panel tonight @leedsDevops! As I said, it is more like 10 weeks of DevOps for me but it was a pleasure to be a part of and share my thoughts on all things DevOps. It was a lot of fun! 🙌🏼 #leedsdevops pic.twitter.com/YST0tHhWzi— Pauline P. Narvas (@paulienuh) 20 November 2019
- 🙅🏻♀️ I deleted my Facebook
- 📺 Obsessed over TEOTFW (thanks Georgie 🤪)
- 🎬 Watched Frozen 2 and I’m obsessed with one song
- 📚 Kept my reading habit strong
- 🍏 Improved my diet
- 📱 Spent time away from social media
- 🧍🏻♂️ Meeting friends in London
- 👗 Donated two bags of clothes to charity
- 📝 Wrote some cool blog posts including my experience at WebSummit, my take on conference life and a bit of a throwback on all the crazy hairstyles I used to rock.
- ⚡️ I did some updating on my portfolio this month – rewriting a lot of it!
3 Things that Made Me Happy
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the 3rd month of my rotation in Platform Services. I’ve said this a few times already, but I didn’t think that I would enjoy the work as much as front-end development… To my surprise though, it has been SO much fun to learn this area of tech.
I’ve also picked up so much new skills and knowledge in infrastructure as code and cloud, which has allowed me to contribute quite a bit in my team’s backlog and sprints. Earlier this week, I became AWS certified with the amazing support from my team as well.
Overall, I’m feeling really positive in the future. 😊
Attended my first WebSummit and loved it! I learned a lot from the wonderful speakers throughout the week. It was also such a wonderful experience being around people who were as excited as me on all things new tech! I wrote a blog post about everything I took away from the week and about my thoughts on conference life.
3. Meeting friends in London
Catching up with friends I haven’t seen in a while is always the best ever. A huge shoutout to my friend, David, for making my month. I love supportive, but equally honest friendships, they make me feel more like myself than ever.
November in Photos
I’m pleased to announce that I passed my #AWS CCP exam this morning! 🎉 🥳💃🏻
A huge thank you to my PS team for encouraging me from day one, @awsnewbies, @acloudguru (@KroonenburgRyan – you’re a great teacher!) for all the support and resources over the last 3 months!! https://t.co/cPnUyVZgGO— Pauline P. Narvas (@paulienuh) 25 November 2019
- Watching: I obsessed over TEOTFW S1, it isn’t something that I would usually watch but I actually really enjoyed it. I also watched Frozen 2, and although was quite disappointed – I can’t get over the soundtrack. Sorry to Matt for my constant singing over the last month 😂
- Reading: You can find them all on GoodReads! My favourite book this month was another recommendation from Georgie – Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction by Chris Bailey. I learned a lot about how I can better plan out my days for a productivity boost!
- Travelling: I’ve been travelling for work a lot recently, and love my compression clothes bag that helps create more space in my bag for other things.
- Gear: Bought some new workout gear from Gymshark that actually fit me!
- Listening to:
Quote of the Month
- Christmas! 🎄 I’m looking forward to having some family time in Sheffield, and taking a break – always a perfect time to reflect on everything that has happened this year.
Have a great month ahead, everyone! Last one before 2020 ✨